Wednesday Weigh in -- Could've been worse, and it ususally is

230.6. Up 2.8. It could've been worse. It usually is WAY worse for Christmas week. Apparently, I'm not the only one for whom it is usually WAY worse. I've read varying stats saying the average person (and that average includes people who aren't watching their weight) gains anywhere from 7-14 pounds over the holidays.

I just threw in the towel Christmas morning. We'd had a lovely roast beef dinner Christmas eve with friends, and there was also this years Sprecher Holiday Brew. Christmas night was a great little party at a friend's house; she puts out a great dinner-like spread. And on Christmas morning (when I threw in the towel), I made a batch of fluffy whole wheat pancakes (use buttermilk and a tablespoon of baking soda to get the whole wheat to be "fluffy"). Then the rest of the weekend I worked out like I was training for a triathlon. Now that's me "watching" it. I can see how easily anybody can put on 10 pounds over the holidays -- and that's just the week of Christmas/New Year's.

I don't feel bad about this at all. Well, a little bit. When you're losing weight and you take two steps back, you do feel a bit of disappointment. But the original goal was to gain NOTHING between December 1 and January 15. I'm still down net 4 pounds for that time period.

Comments

Popular Posts