Saying I can do it on my own is glib

My earlier post, saying that I can lose weight and get fit for life without outside help, I'm afraid was a mistake.

I've lost weight in the past with the help of Weight Watchers. I've lost weight in the past with the help of a lunchtime aerobics class, attended faithfully. Why should this attempt (hopefully the last) be any different?

I've been struggling the past few days. I have not changed ANY of my habits, patterns or attitudes. I've thought a lot about what I SHOULD do, but have not acted.

Weight Watchers makes you accountable. You're paying the money, and you have to face the weigh-in lady, so you do it. It also feels really good to get a bookmark, sticker, and cheers from your adoring fans. The WW mind games sometimes get unbearable, but in the end, it DOES change your behavior.

Going to a gym forces you into working out. You're not at home, you're there for a specific purpose, and once again - you're paying the money! So work out beyatch.

Now, I just need to decide what help to get, and how much I'm willing to spend.

Comments

Popular Posts