Wednesday, January 11, 2006

WWI, could have, should have been worse

227.8. Up .6. Not bad, considering Saturday. And it wasn't the food that killed me, it was the open bar. I'm not a drinker, but you'd be surprised how mmuch those calories add up in beers. I don't even want to know how many points that martini was. Did I mention that it was a damn fine one at that?

Also, I am bloated.

One more weekend to go before I declare the "Holiday Food Season" over. This is the house party we're having for Christmas. I know, its a bit latee, but all the relatives were scattered at their other in-law's this year, so this was the first weekend we could get together. We tell the kids that Santa sometimes likes to wait because he profits from the after-holiday sales, too. They're good about that.

Note to self: in addition to all the fattening but wonderful (If I do say so myself) hot hors o deurves (someday I WILL learn to spell that) must get some crudities and some reasonable dip for them.

Menu so far: honeyed lamb and raising in phyllo triangles, spinach and artichoke ring, philly beefsteak rolls (they're in the current issue of Saveur! must try this!) a cheese selection, dip, chips, etc. Must run to "Metro Market" (this is the downtown upscale pick n save, I've taken to calling it Metrosexual Market) and get freshly steamed and seasoned shrimp. Oh, so much too do. So much to eat. So little points.

No comments: