Thursday, September 14, 2006

One year anniversary

231.8/190.0/131.8 - Up 0.8. Not surprised at all. Where has my exercise and tracking gone? Just because I'm trying to do Core doesn't mean I don't need to track. And well, about that Core thing. As soon as I eat a non-Core food my good intentions seem to fly out the window and the day is shot. The flex tracking thing worked for 6 months - why do I need to change? Just freakin' stop eating crap! Think about what I'm eating and just say no. And get my lazy butt out of bed at 5:00 and get on the treadmill. What's so hard about that? Why am I purposely sabotaging myself? Why am I still up at 11 PM when I need to get up at 5 AM?

So today is a good day to re-evaluate and celebrate success. One year ago I was sitting in my first WW info meeting hearing about the program and deciding I needed to do something because I wasn't getting any thinner or healthier on my own. And where am I now? I'm 41.8 lbs lighter. I have more muscle and stamina. I'm wearing size 14 and sometimes 12 for the first time in years. It may not be where I could have been, but it's way better than where I was. Time to cut myself some slack and celebrate - not with food or drink - but with this post. Yeah me! OK, that's done.

Another woman in the WW meetings and I set a goal for ourselves this week. Mine is to track. Track all week. And I have to show her my tracker next week. This will motivate me. I've also signed up with a personal trainer place and have paid for my sessions, so there's no turning back. I've wanted to do this for months but kept putting it off. My gift to me.

2 comments:

V'ron said...

Right. You look at a year and you're like "Well, I could have been there, but here isn't such a bad place either."

BigAssBelle said...

"Just freakin' stop eating crap" ~ yes. It's so hard.

I think that doing anything in the fitness/weight loss realm for a whole year deserves a standing ovation. The consistency is key to any long term success with this thing. Yea for you!!