Blog/Plan Maintenance: Scope and Objective Modifications

Having said all this, a big of blog/plan maintenance. In the parlance of Project Management, scope/objective changes: I'm changing my starting weight to 245, adding the category "blog starting weight" which will remain at 234, and my overall goal to 145. Here's why: 245 was my worst weight ever that I can't blame on a pregnancy. If I'm going to take credit for losing weight, I need to take into account that I dropped 11 pounds over a year trying to get my act together on this weightloss thing. With that in mind, I still want to be able to proudly say "I lost 100 pounds" and I have to get real -- I don't think I'll get down to 134. I weighed that as a freshman in high school, before I really grew boobs. I know very few (actually no) women who weigh what they weighed in junior high. While I don't want to set lower standards, I also don't want to set myself up for failure. I don't want to drop 100 pounds down to 145 and say "Failure." Dropping 100 pounds, whether I count what I lost before I started this blog or not, is success.

Comments

BigAssBelle said…
i think about this too. my actual all time high was 368. i started my plan last year at 358. . . . i am just not sure what to do about a goal weight. guess i'll know when i get there :-)

Popular Posts