The Summer's Winding down - WWI

213, Fat %46.2. Down 2.

I realized that I haven't lost a whole lot of weight this summer, but then again, I've been doing lots of festival food (which inclues really good frozen custard) and I have no regrets. Well, some regrets, but I enjoy summer, and the tastes of summer, and if I can't have a frozen custard now and again, then, well whatever. I'm still on a downward spiral, even if its not at a pace I'd like. I guess I'm one of those weirdos whose weight loss comes easier in the winter. (Supposedly, people find it easier in the summer).

I'm in the middle of redesigning this site, and I've got HTML/Blogger tag issues that are driving me nuts. You'd think that, being in the IT industry, I'd know what the heck I was doing. You'd be wrong. I'm a Project Manager, which as any programmer/developer will tell you, means nothing. I admit it. Even when I do "Introduction To Project Management" orientation for new employees in our department, I start out my spiel by saying "What do I do? Well, actually, I don't really DO anything. I make sure it gets done." Which, honestly, is a much more daunting task than you'd think. Still, I'm not crunching code on a day-to-day basis, and I haven't touched HTML in years, and I went to a class in CSS a couple of years back and promptly forgot everything. So I'll have the new design up by next week, accompanied by a fashionably pithy excuse for why I can't get the return to home link to work from an Item Page simply by clicking the blog title. Its just not working. I copied the exact same code from my other blogs and I can't get it to work. Granted, the base template I got from "blogskins.com" and a lot of the developers there only develop for a front page, not item pages, so you have to figure it out. There's some conflict going on that I can't resolve. Pity. The guy who developed the base design for the one I'm working from has a lot of really nice stuff, design wise. He's neat and clean, and I like that. (A lot of the developers there are more interested in the graphics, not the blog design per se, and you can tell they're designing for people who don't have a lot to say because they have all this graphic and then about thirteen pixels for actual blogged text.). But this guy gets it. Only wish he really went the full nine yards and took into account that people want item and archive pages. So I've had to figure out that myself. I'll change again in about 6 months. I get sick of things like blog design fast.

Comments

BigAssBelle said…
"Well, some regrets, but I enjoy summer, and the tastes of summer, and if I can't have a frozen custard now and again, then, well whatever. I'm still on a downward spiral, even if its not at a pace I'd like. I guess I'm one of those weirdos whose weight loss comes easier in the winter."

My thing this summer has been fruit. Seems like the last 15 years, I've been on some obsessive low carb thing all summer long, thus missing out on cantaloupe and honeydew, peaches and cherries. It's been a thrill to not miss out this year, just eating healthy things in moderation.

And my weight comes off easier in winter too. Summer makes me want to hibernate 'til the horror's over. . . . keep writing. I love your blog.

Popular Posts