Injury

I also wanted to mention that 12 months or so ago, I started doing Yoga. Yoga is wonderful. Great for flexibility and breathing and stress. Great for toning. Great for having some quiet time in your week.

About 6 months ago I noticed a tightness in my right shoulder. The twists wouldn't go as far on the right side as the left.

Then, 2 Sundays ago I took a real awkward fall and slammed my shoulder. I heard one of those awful "pops", and it HURT!

No emergency room, but an MRI the week later, a subsequent trip to a few docs, and today's visit to the physical therapist. Throw in a trip to the acupuncturist for good measure.

The diagnosis: partially torn rotator cuff. It should heal on its own. It will be a long road though before I can do yoga or spin or ride a bike the way I did before / without pain. Hopefully not too long because we have a trip planned to Governor Dodge in mid-june, and we always bring the bikes.

Bottom line: getting injured sucks.

Walking a lot right now. That's good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Check out the cold compression therapy wrap for Rotator Cuff Injuries as http://www.coldoneinc.com/shoulderwrap.html

Good Luck.
Lori G. said…
Oh Emily, I'm so sorry about your shoulder. I can really emphasize as I ruptured my PCL and am still on crutches. I'm glad you do not need surgery for your cuff and hopefully PT will do a lot of good.

Take care of yourself and ice, ice, ice (or whatever your PT tells you).
Emily Norton said…
Thanks for the kind words!

Popular Posts