Little Victories in the Enchanted Broccoli Forest


The Enchanted Broccoli Forest
Originally uploaded by V'ron.
Wednesday Weigh In (even though it's Thursday), 249.1, so only down a half pound. Still, I was quote unquote, good. Writing down everything. Working out every day. It's those times you have to remember that the a victory isn't always reflected on the scale.

And it wasn't just the writing down of EVERYTHING that was a victory. The kids are on this "trying new foods" kick and you best be sure I'm capitalizing on it. Just the other day, Sammy noticed one of my favorite cookbooks, Mollie Katzen's "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest" and he's been begging to make that recipe. (The fact that I have a 5 year old boy who loves broccoli is celebratory enough.)

As you can see, our version of it bears little resemblance to Chef Katzen's version. But Stella, who loves red peppers, said that this forest needed some people, and the red peppers could be the people. (If a broccoli tree falls, and there are no people to hear it.....).

Being home a lot these days (I'm looking for work) is giving the opportunity to cook from scratch a lot more, which means I have more control into what goes into my food. That's a victory in itself, too.

Comments

Popular Posts